Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 Thoughts and the Airstream

So what is my take away from 9/11 - on the 10 year anniversary? And how does that fit in with my buying the Airstream now, when I am solo and still working full time?

Life is short.
People helping each other is what it's all about.
Unify, don't divide.
Enjoy every moment.
Stand up for what you believe in.
Find and bring joy where you can.
Gather people who brighten up your world - and have fun with them.
Share with each other (food, knowledge, stories, wine, laughs, that last bit of chocolate)
Leave people and places better than you found them.
Mean people suck. But they only win if you let them.
Seek out people who understand the joy of living in the moment.

Don't wait for tomorrow - it may never come.

That, for me, is the legacy of 9/11. And I intend to use my trailer for good, not evil. Wear it out with happiness. Fill it with people who inspire and delight me. Make new friends. Live fully. Seek simplicity.


On a lighter note - remember when I said I was waiting for Punk'd or someone to take the trailer away? Be careful what you put out there. When I went back to the service department to drop off some linens and stuff in the camper - we couldn't find it. ANYWHERE. 7 passes around the lot and the service manager and I SIMPLY COULD NOT FIND IT. He kept saying: "Never ever had one stolen. Let's hope you are not the first."

Nail biting time for sure. And I fought the old urges to be negative and expect the worst - and kept thinking "it's odd, but it's here." Luckily, I was right. On the 7th pass, we found a tight little corner WAY in the back of the lot behind 3 rows of trailers - and there she was. Safe and sound.

While that's great news for me and the trailer, I'm guessing that means I'm not top of the list to get my service stuff dealt with quickly. So one more lesson for me in all this: patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment