Saturday, September 3, 2011

Waiting for the Cold Front

"Roughing" it this weekend at an RV Park in South Arlington. Finally get to have more folks over to see the trailer. Been making Damon play "house on wheels" with me for weeks now - but now I begin to torture others with my matching dishes and towels and tiny coffee maker and tea pot.

My folks are gonna come play, my best girlfriends since high school, and other buddies that I really enjoy are coming out. My aunt came over last night and brought an awesome birthday cake that I now need to share with everybody quickly, to gain space back in the small fridge :)

Spent my first night in the camper alone last night - and it was really peaceful and comfy and perfect for one person. (Once the a/c finally kicked in and beat the heat. So so so so tired of heat BUT NOW A COLD FRONT IS COMING!!! Woohoo!!) Woke up and tidied up the place: used my little shark vacuum, swiffer wet mop and some clorox wipes - and the place was clean in 10 minutes. That is my kind of housework time.

Towed her out to Arlington by myself (nobody died) - but I did cheat and Damon was great about following me out to help with the setup and stuff. Which was good - because the RV fairies had some electrical magic for us and his help (as always) was super appreciated.

Although I spent the last trip in cargo shorts, hiking boots and baseball hats up in the mountains - this weekend is girly. Gonna do some birthday weekend pampering and fun, but still stay in the camper too. Headed out for a manicure and baby shower in a bit - drinks tonight with some pals in the camper. Fridge is full of yummy snacks for entertaining.

I love how versatile this trailer is gonna be. It will match the many sides of my personality. Gonna use it to gather people for games and laughs. Use it as a mobile casting studio. Use it to escape in and get back in touch with nature and my spirit. Have girlfriends over for girls nights. Use it for animal rescue events. Use it as a creative space to journal and make jewelry. Drag it out to Canton and tromp all over that place looking for 50s-60s treasures. Park it on friends' land and just relax and get in some much needed "country" time. Head to Kerville or New Orleans for music festivals. All the while, making new friends along the way. The possibilities of this camper are only limited by the imagination. Give me your ideas, and maybe I'll drag you there with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment